Full Disclosure/Ventura Writers' Block
FULL DISCLOSURE NEEDS STORYTELLERS!
TITLE: Full Disclosure – “BLOWING IT”
Curator: Larry Swerdlove
When: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 7:30PM
Location: Santa Paula Theater Center 125 S. 7 th Street, Santa Paula, Ca. 93060.
Deadline for submissions: August 1, 2017.
Full Disclosure, Ventura’s first live storytelling event, is looking for six people to share true life stories about themselves for our September performance. The theme of this event will be “Blowing It.” Have you ever made a big mistake? Experienced an epic fail? How did you feel about it? Did it change your life? These are the types of stories we’re looking for. But you don’t have to be literal in presenting your “Blowing It” story – you can treat the theme metaphorically (for instance, blowing out candles, or blowing a saxophone might be a story you could offer. We approach our themes loosely so any story that has to do with the phrase “Blowing It” is fair game.
What you need to do: Storytellers may contact us via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org - attn.: Larry. You may submit your story in writing, or orally (by phone, Skype or a face-to- face meeting). The deadline for entries is August 1, 2017, 5pm.
Things to remember:
- Stories MUST be between 6-10 minutes.
- Stories MUST be true.
- Your story MUST be about you, or you must have witnessed or played a large part in the event.
- Do not libel or damage the reputation of anyone else in your story.
- You will be required to work with our staff in shaping your 10-minute story, so a willingness to be open to suggestions is required.
- You will be asked to provide a minimum of one visual (a photo or prop) to include in your story.
- Multiple images are even better.
- Your story will be videotaped and may appear on our YouTube channel, so do not present anything that you wouldn’t want the world to know about.
- You will need to sign a release form in order for us to videotape you.
- You must be available to attend one story rehearsal (to be arranged with the curator) and one technical rehearsal which will take place on Saturday, September 2 at 10am. You will also be required to be at the theater at 6:30pm on Sunday, September 3 for the performance.
Previous performance clips can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNtMO4VH-