PLAYZAPALOOZA! 2017 JUNE2 - 18 2017
Backstage at SPTC (Santa Paula Theater Center) is now seeking scripts for its eighth annual production of original one act plays, Playzapalooza! 2017!
- Plays should run approximately 10 to 20 minutes in length.
- Each writer may submit up to three plays, but no more than 45 pages total.
- Submissions will only be accepted electronically. Send pdf or Word files to SPTCBackstage@gmail.com.
- Include a list of characters with any relevant description either on the title page or the 2nd page. A teaser or synopsis is also appreciated.
- Including a bio or list of credits is optional.
- Previously produced plays are permissible.
- Submissions must be received by .
- Writers of plays selected for production will share in royalties of $300 to be split among them.
· Backstage at SPTC is a “black box” theater. Plays are simply staged with minimal set pieces, props and set dressing.
· Backstage at SPTC is a forum for new and original works. Strong language and adult situations are common.
· Submission of any plays implies that the author grants permission to Backstage at SPTC to produce their work. Rights of all plays remain the sole copyright and property of its author.
· Writers of plays selected for production are invited to the opening night performance along with a guest, will receive two complimentary tickets to another performance during its run, and will be able to experience every performance at no charge.
· Due to the sheer volume of submissions, writers of plays not selected for performance will not be personally contacted.
· Performance dates are .
Please do not call the SPTC Box Office with questions regarding this production Instead, send your inquiries to SPTCbackstage@gmail.com. You may also visit www.santapaulatheatercenter.org for additional information regarding events.